YDL Installed OK - But Can't Boot Back to OSX!

Paul Handly yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:02:16 -0700

--Apple-Mail-2--893958371

so do 'pdisk /dev/hdb'
then do the 'change type' thing - I think it's 't' but you can check
that with '?'
the partition you need to re-type is #1 -' Apple_Bootstrap'
the type you need to change it to is 'Apple_partition_map'

then when you've changed it, hit 'w' to overwrite the current map (save
changes)
then reboot to test it out.

The option key thing only lets you select between what Open Firmware
recognizes as valid boot partitions - Mac OSX gags on startup because
it can't read it's own partition map, due to the Anaconda bug which
changes the map type.  The best use of that is when you've messed up
the startup disk settings by using apple's stuff instead of yaboot -
then you can use the option key startup to kick yourself back into
yaboot.

--
Remember: until you open the box and look inside, Cartman's kitty is
both alive and dead.

Paul Handly
phandly@earthlink.net
http://deusex.mojokstudios.net

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 07:08 PM, Mark Srebnik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well, DiskSetup doesn't tell you much in its info window...
>
> Oh well....
>
> Mark

The option key thing only lets you select between what <underline>Open
Firmware</underline> recognizes as valid boot partitions - Mac OSX