Having trouble with a New G4 and installing Yellow Dog from CD

Jonathan C. Sitte yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 04:31:06 -0500

> Please, somebody help me get this resolved.
> I'm not exactly a Mac Wiz but I am a huge fan of linux.
> Got the mac because it was the most reliable hardware I could find.
> I need to know what I need to disable or get by in order for yaboot to
> take control during startup.
> The CD does not boot at all.. goes straight to OSX.
> Machine is 1GHZ G4.  Jan 2003

What you need to do is hold down the key C when the machine is booting. As soon as you here the mac boot sound. Then if you know enough about linux just follow the directions. I am personally a fan of custom installing so that I can set up my partition scheme the way I feel best, etc etc.

Let me know if you need more help. The yellowdog site should help out too.

jcsitte
http://www.linuxmail.org/