Kernel panic on wallstreet when attempting to install ydl 2.3

Markus Deistler yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
09 Mar 2003 13:45:23 +0100

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 07.09 Polonius19 wrote:

> request_module[block-major-8]: Root fs not mounted
> VFS: Cannot open root device 08:01

If I have got it ... you haven't yet run the installer or
created/prepared any ext2-partitions? Then ..

... you have to tell BootX (which will in turn tell the kernel...) where
to look for the ramdisks that contain the
installer: In the BootX-splashscreen klick "Options" and then "Use
specified RAM Disk" - you'll get into the standard MacOS
open-file-dialog;
There should be two types of ramdisks in
your MacOS system extension folder (ramdisk-text.image.gz for the plain
text installer, ramdisk-x11.image.gz for the GUI-based installer).

> > (or at least at all). I guess HFS+ is verbotten for the xboot boot drive...

btw, Is "verbotten" an English word now??

Markus

PS: It's better *not* to post HTML-formatted Mail to lists ...