Kernel panic on wallstreet when attempting to install ydl 2.3

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:17:55 -0000

--On Friday, March 7, 2003 11:09 pm -0700 Polonius19 <polonius19@cox.net>
wrote:

> I guess that last never mind was a bit premature. I partitioned the hard
> drive EXCACTLY as suggest on ydl?s site, the top partition for linux,
> unallocated, the second HFS for OS 9 and the third HFS+ for X. I
> re-installed a fresh copy of 9 and ran the bootX installer from the ydl
> install folder.
>
> I?ve tried the regular kernel option and the vmlinux-2.2. I?ve tried both
> with the video arguments and without, both with the ?no video driver?
> option and without.
>
> The error reads:
> request_module[block-major-8]: Root fs not mounted
> VFS: Cannot open root device 08:01
>
> I had a DVD drive in this Wallstreet and thought that it might be
> contributing to the problem. So I put back the original CD-Rom w/ no
> difference. BTW, the error message has been identical every time.

I have to confess I also never managed to get 9, X and YDL to run together
on my Wallstreet.  9 and X or 9 and YDL.  Never all three.  Sorry.

Suzanne