Kernel panic on wallstreet when attempting to install ydl 2.3

Suzanne Payne yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:15:46 -0000

--On Friday, March 7, 2003 10:25 pm -0700 Polonius19 <polonius19@cox.net>
wrote:

> I downloaded the iso (and checked the md5 checksum) and am attempting to
> install ydl 2.3 on a wallstreet w/ 198MB and the problem I keep having is
> kernel panics during the install. I loaded the boot loader and passed the
> video argument as suggested, but when it gets to the part where it tries
> to mount the root partition, I get the kernel panic.

Which video arguments?  The one's suggested on the main page didn't work
for me.  I used  video=atyfb:vmode:10 rather than video=atyfb:vmode:14.
Also use the text install rather than the graphic install.  (Actually, if I
think really hard, I seem to recall I checked "no video" for the actual
install and passed the arguments on the first bootup).

Suzanne