G3 Sound Server startup problems.

James Sarte yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:51:48 -0500

Hello everyone.  I'm new to YDL and to this group.  I
recently just started using YDL to host my website, email,
ftp and blog server (www.vodamin.com) and so far
everything seems to be running well.  I do have one issue
though which I can't seem to work out.  Everytime my
machine boots into KDE, the sound server will return a
message stating that it has failed to start.  It will
however start working if I go into the system settings and
manually restart the sound server.  Is there presently a
work around or fix for this problem?

I am using YDL 2.3 with the standard kernal.  My machine
is an Apple Beige G3 tower, revision B.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

James Sarte