Install problems on Powermac 7300/200

Dr. Bob Jansen yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:24:36 +1100

I am trying to install yellowdog 2.3 on a Powermac 7300/200. It has
128Mb ram, 2x2Gbyte internal hard discs and runs Mac OS 8.6. The
master disc (ID=0) has been initialised as Unallocated and the
install commences fine.

However, every time I try and install, it fails in the packages area
with some very cryptic messages, which I did email to bugs@yellow....
but have got no response at all.

I have tried both kernels to no avail. vmlinux and vmlinux-2.2

------
Module has suffered a fatal error
OSError [Errno 2] no such file or directory
File "/usr/lib/yi/timezone.py" line 156 in doList
dir_list = os.listdir(path)

File "usr/lib/yi/timezone.py" line 58 in getTimezoneInfo
list = self.doList(path,list)

File "usr/lib/yi/iutil.py" line 49 in execWithRedirect
raise runtime error, command + " can not be run"
---------

I am about to give up ---- it's all just too hard.

Anybody got any suggestions as to how to get the think to install. I
am using a 2 CD set I bought rather than download from the Internet.

bobj