Setting up printer

David Voth yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:28:20 -0800

I recently installed YDL 2.3 on a G3 upgraded 7500. I have an Epson Stylu=
s=20
Photo 820 printer conected via USB to the computer. I am trying to setup =
the=20
printer for Linux, however, it isn't providing any output. When I open th=
e=20
Printer Manager and use CUPS I initially get an error about retrieving th=
e=20
printer list and saying "client-error-not-found." What happens when I add=
 the=20
printer is that I am able to go through and specify the options, but when=
 I=20
go to test it there is a message that says that it has printed the test p=
age,=20
however, no output comes from the printer. The printer driver I have is=20
"Epson-Stylus_Photo_820-gimp-print.ppd" What do I need to do to get the=20
printer working from Linux?
=20
Thanks for any help.
David
--=20
Cheamweb "From the Fraser Valley to the World"
                    <http://www.cheamweb.com/>