YDL 3 Install Error

Chris Ruzin yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 01 May 2003 13:19:59 -0500

I just received YDL 3 in the mail today.  I=B9m wanting to install it on my
Pismo Powerbook.  I boot up from Disk 1, get Anaconda running and when I
reach the part about partitioning, I ALWAYS get an unhandled exception
error.  No matter which of the three options I choose (auto, Disk Druid or
pdisk) I get the same error.  Below is the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 634, in nextClicked
    self.dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 150, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 215, in gotoNext
    rc =3D apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partitioning.py", line 57, in
partitionObjectsInitialize
    partitions.setFromDisk(diskset)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partitions.py", line 107, in setFromDisk
    ptype =3D partedUtils.get_partition_file_system_type(part)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partedUtils.py", line 161, in
get_partition_file_system_type
    ptype =3D=20
fsset.fileSystemTypeGet(map_foreign_to_fsname(part.mac_native_type))
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 61, in fileSystemTypeGet
    return fileSystemTypes[key]
KeyError: Foreign

I have one 10 GB IDE hard drive with two 5 GB partitions made by Disk Setup=
.
One is used by OS X, the other is free space.  I'm wanting the YDL installe=
to create the bootstrap, swap and ext3 partitions in the free space.

This must be a bug with Anaconda, and I have already submitted it to the YD=
bug database.  Has anyone else come across this error?  Has anyone figured
out a workaround? =20

I've already had a really bad experience with Mandrake Linux 9.1 PPC.  I'd
REALLY like to install YDL, but this is leaving a bad taste in my mouth as
well.

Chris

Chris Ruzin
Mantis Design (www.mantis-design.com)