Error installing YDL 3.0 (/mnt/source/.discinfo)

Bill Laundrie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 18:09:09 -0500

Hello,

I just downloaded YDL 3.0, and I'm trying to install it on a B&W G3 with a
completely blank 10 GB hard drive.

I boot with CD 1, go through the install steps, and it starts installing the
packages.  Shortly after it asks for CD 3, I get the following errors:

Error
The file /mnt/sysimage/var/tmp/kdeartwork-3.1-1.ppc.rpm cannot be opened.
This is due to a missing file, a bad package, or bad media.  Press <return>
to try again.

Exception Occurred

File "/usr/lib/anaconda/image.py", line 119 in getFilename
  f=open("/mnt/source/.discinfo")
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: "/mnt/source/.discinfo"

I've tried re-burning the CDs, even went as far as downloading fresh copies,
and I still get the same error (about 10 times in a row now, always at the
same point).

Any suggestions?

Thank you!