resolution and Gaim

Ben Schmidt yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 3 May 2003 00:55:34 -0400

I just successfully installed YDL 3 on my MDD (with a geforce 4 ti if
anyone is wondering if it'll run with it) and i have a few questions:

1. My screen picture for some reason is shifted down and too the left?
does anyone know what would be cuasing this and if i can fix it?

2. when trying to change display resolution's if i got from say
1024*768 to 800*600 i do the logout/login process and the res switches
ok. but if i then go into the display manager, in an attempt to raise
the resolution back upto 1024, the options only go up to 800*600 (ie
1024 has dissapeared from the list). Ideally i'd like to be at
1280*1024x75hz so again if anyone knows what is cuasing this and how to
fix it i would be very appreciative

3. when trying to connect to the AIM servers using Gaim, i input my
username/password and then click connect (or whatever the button says)
and the program simply hangs up, the window goes gray and the only way
i know how to get it to go away is to find the PID using "top" and then
manually killing it (this btw is the extent of my command line prowess)
so again any help with this would be appreciated as i would like to be
able to connect to AIM when in YDL

thanks for anyhelp you guys can provide

ben schmidt