Problems Installing 3.0

David Waite yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 3 May 2003 12:31:13 +0100

Has anyone had any problems installing YDL 3.0 on the 15" iMac LCD?I
just downloaded the ISO's last night & installed today.When i hit
'enter' to start the Anaconda installer i can see the GUI sort of,but
it's like a really bad TV picture - all over the screen,i can hardly
make it out!!
Anyway i used the text install which obviously worked no bother.I
thought i had the problem sussed as my monitor wasn't detected
automatically during the install so i changed it to the 15" iMac &
completed the install.
When i rebooted to login i got the same problem as the first time!!Is
there anybody who's had the same problems?I've installed YDL 2.3
previously with no problems & also tried Mandrake 9.1 with graphical
problems (AGAIN!) however after numerous installs i seem to have worked
them out apart from sound issues.WHICH IS WHY I CHANGED TO YDL!!
Do you reckon there's a bug with this version as this is supposed to be
a purely PPC distro that is configured for PPC graphics,sound
cards,etc. with full compatibility?
OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WROMG?!!PROBABLY!!
As you may guess I'm a Linux newbie & have been fooling around with
Linux for a couple of weeks trying to find the best distro as i heard
you learn more about computing in general working with linux.It seems
to me that there's not a lot of distro's that actually work on the
newer iMac machines!!Has anybody heard of any other disro's that would
work on my machine?
Any help would very much be appreciated...Cheers.