Installing YDL 3.0 ia FTP

Marc Bakker yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 02:48:58 +0200

Hello,

I just downloaded ydl 3.0. The partitioning tool pDisk included with the
installer didn't work (exception handler occurred when trying to start the
partitioning process of the installer) so I now downloaded a newer version
of the pdisk utility. Instead of burning a cdrom for each update (without
even knowing if _this_ one will work!) I want to setup a FTP server, include
the necessary files in a folder under the root and instruct the installer to
get all the files from that server instead of a cdrom. With Mandrake this
was an option so it should be possible with the ydl 3.0 Anaconda installer.

So here's the setup I plan:

I want to install ydl 3.0 on my G3 233 oldworld PPC;
The G3 is connected to a SOHO network that incudes a PC;
I run a FTP server on the PC;
I put all the files needed in the root of the FTP server.

How can I instruct the installer to get the files from that FTP server???

Thanks for any help,

Marc