Pismo trackpad "tap" activation with YDL 3.0?

Steve yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 06 May 2003 00:22:33 -0700

I just got my YDL 3.0, and I can't seem to get the trackpad to tap-click
on my Pismo/Firewire Powerbook. Tried using the suggestions for YDL 2.2 at

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/mouse_buttons.shtml

but fiddling with my /etc/sysconfig/mouse doesn't seem to work.

Another alternative is to tell my system to execute:

/usr/bin/trackpad tap

on every startup, but this seems overly complex for a simple and common
feature for laptops (why isn't this configured on the install?). Oddly,
I could use the trackpad to tap for mouse clicks during the install, but
I can't do it AFTER the install.

Anybody else having similar troubles?

Steve