YDL 3.0 install on 15" iLamp

David Waite yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 17:44:02 +0100

According to the YDL hardware suport page the Imac 15" 2002 iLamp is
supported in everything but the modem which is "unknown".
It also states that "all information contained on this page is based
upon the latest release of Yellow Dog Linux..."
The reason i quote this is because i recently tried to install YDL 3.0
to the afore mentioned machine.The only problem i had was that the GUI
Anaconda installer doesn't seem to work on my machine & after the
install.I tried configuring the monitor as it didn't recognise it
during the install but still no joy & as i'm a newbie i much prefer a
GUI compared to command line!!!.The easist way to put it is that it's
like a terrible tv picture - all wavy lines & what not!!I CAN HARDLY
MAKE IT OUT!!
I previously tried YDL 2.3 with no problems so i'm at loss as to why
this doesn't work especially going with the website. I've also tried
Mandrake 9.1 recently bit i can't seem to get sound when i try to play
cd's even though i get sound from keys being pressed & such like.This
was the main reason i tried YDL again as its purely a PPC distro...
Anybody with the same problems.....?