Laptop problem persists

Richard Spillane yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 8 May 2003 01:43:53 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C31503.481AD8B0

OK, so I have tried to do some research but have found nothing, and have =
tried to reach the YDL irc server and posted on the mailing list, but no =
response.  I emplore anyone who can help to tell me why my laptop will =
not sleep successfully.  I run a G4 Mercury Rev. 2001 G4 Laptop.  When I =
try to sleep the computer, or close the lid, it won't wake, and the =
X-server (if it sleeps while the X-server is the active tty) will render =
streaking vertical lines on an all black backdrop, and do nothing else.  =
Any ideas as to why its doing this, and if and how I can fix it?
------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C31503.481AD8B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>OK, so I have tried to do some research =
but have=20
found nothing, and have tried to reach the YDL irc server and posted on =
the=20
mailing list, but no response.&nbsp; I emplore anyone who can help to =
tell me=20
why my laptop will not sleep successfully.&nbsp; I run a G4 Mercury Rev. =
2001 G4=20
Laptop.&nbsp; When I try to sleep the computer, or close the lid, it =
won't wake,=20
and the X-server (if it sleeps while the X-server is the active tty) =
will render=20
streaking vertical lines on an all black backdrop, and do nothing =
else.&nbsp;=20
Any ideas as to why its doing this, and if and how I can fix=20
it?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C31503.481AD8B0--