Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root

mauro yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 09 May 2003 21:35:01 +0200

well, as i yet told before, it is better to install using bootX but with th=
vmlinux kernel finishing with the word "BOOT" and with the ramdisk image
checked, then the graphical installer anaconda will do your job easily...
It is IMPORTANT, on the old puters, use a BootX version such as the 1.1.3,
that you can easily reach on the web searching with google/linux.com, and i=
is advice to make a basical partition first of all, better with an utility
as HDT, in that way: first partition =3D macos extended (at least 1,5 GB)
second =3D root (maybe 2 GB) third =3D swap (128/256 MB) fourth =3D home ( all th=
free space).
Then, do a basical installation in the Mac part. (OS 9, better if with
tcp/ip, apple talk and netcard active) then set up the bootx and all the
required files as in the manual (BootX.app in control Panel,
=80BootX.extension in extension folder, ramdiskimage.gz in the system folder
and place the foler LinuxKernels in system folder with inside the two
vmlinux and yaboot kernels. Now you can put the first cd in the reader,
restart and boot using the vmlinux kernel finishing with the word "BOOT",
with the ramdisk checked following all the instrutions... lemme know... and
good look:) =20