changing monitor settings

Austin Miller yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 00:30:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi. I've finally got yellowdog up and running but I'm having problems with my monitor. I have a 1998 iMac 233 Mhz and the resolution is all screwed up. I go to change the resolution and when I close the display window it says I have to log out and restart x server. The problem is that I dont know how to restart the x server. What is the command for this? Also, the screen isn't positioned in the center of the monitor. I don't see any way to reposition the screen.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time.
Austin.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com