YDL3.0 3rd disc corrupt

Aaron Madlon-Kay yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 10 May 2003 23:05:21 -0500

I was having trouble installing YDL3 on my iBook, so I checked out the
archive for solutions but didn't find any.  I did, however, find that
Mr. Bill Laundrie had the exact same problem--a corrupt 3rd disc.
Encouraged, I redownloaded the iso from ftp.yellowdoglinux.com
(redirected to jungle.metalab.unc.edu) and checked the md5 checksum.
It was NOT the same as indicated in the md5sum file.  I then located a
local mirror (UW-Madison), downloaded, and did the checksum again.
This time it matched.

So people having mysterious problems with their 3rd discs should
definitely try redownloading from a different server.

-Aaron Madlon-Kay

--
Out the 10Base-T, through the router, down the T1, over the leased
line, off the bridge, past the firewall... nothing but Net.