Can't get java sdk to work.

Kristian T. yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 13 May 2003 17:19:02 +0200

1) Make sure, that the JDK really is there... Go to the /bin directory and
try the "java -version" there. If that doesn't work - make sure, that the
user rights is set correctly, or (worst case) try installing the JDK again.

2) If 1) works then the problem might be your PATH. Checkout our path by
typing "set" in your shell.

You might want to place something like this in your /etc/profile to make
java available for all users:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/j2sdk1.3.1
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

When you have added these lines you have to log in again - simply:
 'su -l yourusername'

Have fun :-)