Installation from firewire disk target mode possible?

Jerome Lefebvre yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 17 May 2003 14:49:37 -0400

Hello,

Trying to install YDL 3.0 on an old Pismo laptop ( g3 400 mhz, firewire ), first linux install as well. Problem I'm having is that the cd-rom drive is broken, been using an usb cd-rom reader instead, works fine for everything, expect booting from it using a YDL cd (burned it myself, but seems fine). I'm thinking I could use the firewire disk target mode on my pismo, and then run the installer from an other machine. Would this option work? I'm just worried it will fail since the installer won't know much of the targeted machine.

Thank you for any help.

Jerome Lefebvre