questions

gelsey yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 17 May 2003 20:37:13 -0400

Hi,

I finally got 3.0 installed on my eMac last Friday (yay!) I'm really
happy and excited about finally having Linux installed on my computer.
However, I have a few questions regarding the use of Linux..

1. If the 'eject cdrom' command opens the cdrom, then is there a
command to close it? Right now I just push the tray back into the
computer after I'm finished putting in or taking out a cd.

2. I want to create a wireless network with a PC running Windows 98 as
the server, and my Linux box as the client, so I can share my internet
connection between the two. How do I do that? Do I use Samba, or is
that for file and printer sharing only? How do I configure the Airport?

If anyone could help me with these, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Gelsey