How do you install packages on yellowdog 3.0?

Enphilistor yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 15:58:02 -0400

Jim,

Open up a terminal window (a shell).  In that window become the root
user -- type su and give the root password when challenged.  Depending
on which version of Opera you've downloaded the next line might change
slightly but type something like:

	rpm -ihv opera-7.11-20030515.1-static-qt.ppc.rpm

You'll see a couple of lines of ########### characters and perhaps some
warning
messages complaining about users and/or groups -- you can ignore those.
  Then
type "exit" or "ctrl-D" to return to being a normal user.  You're done.

Enphilistor