How do you install packages on yellowdog 3.0?

Andrew McVinnie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 14:23:49 -0600

Hi
This answers my question as well. However, do yo have to know the path
of the file you downloaded? or will the RPM command in the terminal
just know where it is? For example, I downloaded Opera and put the .rpm
file on my desktop. Will this work? Or does the rpm command in the
terminal actually download the appication too?

Another related question, after installing with the RPM command, will
Opera automaticly be in my Gnome menus? or will I have to add it or
something?

Thanks
Andrew McVinnie