installer crashes on a 7300 mac

Netzer Antonio yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:16:48 -0500

I'm able to initiate the installation, i get to the point where it asks
me what type of installation i want
No matter what I choose, the next step, to format/partition my hard
drives, gives me an error
whether I choose the default, or disk druid, or pdisk

it goes into a bug screen,

has anyone had this problem also?
is there a way to fix this,

my other question is, how can I install via ftp, since the cd i'm using
might be bad
(i've d'l 3.0 disc one twice to check) but same result with both...

i've gone from having an ati 128xclaim vr, ide controller card,
usb/firewire card, g3 upgrade card
to just having the ide controller card, since I don't any scsi drives
anymore

during bootup, the ide drive with it's partitions seem to be
recognized...

any suggestions>??

i'm going to try to install 2.3, but it will take a while to d/l that

Netz