installer crashes on a 7300 mac

Steve Munsell yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 17:23:47 -0400

--Apple-Mail-48--3300579

--Apple-Mail-49--3300579

put a 604 card back in for install and try that... then you can shut
down and put g3 back in... i did same thing on my 7300 except with g4
card

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 05:16 PM, Netzer Antonio wrote:

> I'm able to initiate the installation, i get to the point where it
> asks me what type of installation i want
> No matter what I choose, the next step, to format/partition my hard
> drives, gives me an error
> whether I choose the default, or disk druid, or pdisk
>
> it goes into a bug screen,
>
> has anyone had this problem also?
> is there a way to fix this,
>
> my other question is, how can I install via ftp, since the cd i'm
> using might be bad
> (i've d'l 3.0 disc one twice to check) but same result with both...
>
> i've gone from having an ati 128xclaim vr, ide controller card,
> usb/firewire card, g3 upgrade card
> to just having the ide controller card, since I don't any scsi drives
> anymore
>

> during bootup, the ide drive with it's partitions seem to be
> recognized...
>
> any suggestions>??
>

> i'm going to try to install 2.3, but it will take a while to d/l that
>
> Netz

"The power of the press goes to the individual who owns one..."

Damn Right This Was Created On A Mac... If Not Mac, Then Linux or BSD
Running On A Mac... But Never Will It Be Windows.

Steve Munsell
steve@contagiousgraphics.com (work)
sneferu@mac.com (personal)

Contagious Graphics
8107 Arrowridge Blvd Suite S
Charlotte, NC 28273
704-529-5600

--Apple-Mail-49--3300579

put a 604 card back in for install and try that... then you can shut
down and put g3 back in... i did same thing on my 7300 except with g4
card

<excerpt>I'm able to initiate the installation, i get to the point
[...]

</excerpt>

<italic><bigger>"The power of the press goes to the individual who
owns one..."

Damn Right This Was Created On A Mac... If Not Mac, Then Linux or BSD
Running On A Mac... But Never Will It Be Windows.</bigger></italic>

steve@contagiousgraphics.com (work)

sneferu@mac.com (personal)

8107 Arrowridge Blvd Suite S

Charlotte, NC 28273

704-529-5600

--Apple-Mail-49--3300579--

--Apple-Mail-48--3300579

BEGIN:VCARD=0D
VERSION:3.0=0D
N:Munsell;Steve;;;=0D
FN:Steve Munsell=0D
ORG:Contagious Graphics;=0D
TITLE:Boss Man=0D
EMAIL;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:steve@contagiousgraphics.com=0D
EMAIL;type=3DHOME:sneferu@mac.com=0D
TEL;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:704-529-5600=0D
TEL;type=3DHOME:704-563-1427=0D
TEL;type=3DCELL:704-618-0115=0D
ADR;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:;;8107 Arrowridge Blvd Suite =
S;Charlotte;NC;28273;USA=0D
ADR;type=3DHOME:;;1748 Flynnwood Dr;Charlotte;NC;28205;USA=0D
URL:www.contagiousgraphics.com=0D
X-AIM;type=3DHOME;type=3Dpref:TheSneferu=0D
END:VCARD=0D

--Apple-Mail-48--3300579

--Apple-Mail-50--3300578

--Apple-Mail-50--3300578