yellowdog-newbie digest, Vol 1 #465 - 6 msgs

Grant yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 20:31:40 -0400

purdyd_at_wisheights@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi Grant:

hello, and thanks up front!

> Say, did you burn your ISO images under the "Disk
> Image" option in Toast? (a HowTo at the YDL site
> explains this)
It was some time back, I believe so.  I did read the instructions.
one BIG note, I only have "toast lite", not toast titanium.

> I noticed that you said 2.3 (Dayton, right?).  But you
> also said **"ISOs"** {plural} .
Typo, one CD.

> Also, did you let Toast verify your burn (after
> completing the burn) ?
yes, I believe so.

> Did you check to see that disk mounts normally when
> you start up under MacOS (you should be able to open
> it in MacOS and see a whole ground of files - not just
> one big file)?
Yes, this was the point that i made earlier- the entire folder
structure is there, and I was able to extract Yaboot and BootX, and it
ran - until it needed more files from the CD.

on my G4, it simply would not boot from the CD (but, alas, that's a
common problem, even, occasionally, with an Apple (r) system disk :-(

If you spot anything suspicious int eh above, pls shout!

Grant