PowerBook G4 17"

Dmitry Kipa yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 20:53:43 -0600

--=_5B04A22D.D9B8E54D

Hello YDL,

The product page on YDL 3.0 states that the product works just fine on
PowerPC and supports all hardware components with no problem whatsoever.
In talking to some of my friends I found that not all is supported. For
example, built-in modem is not supported (I am not sure if the modem is
win-modem-like), USB, etc. Could anyone clarify this for me please. I am
in the process of buying a PowerBook for me and am very much interested
in running RISC-based Linux rather then X. I would like to know if every
singe hardware component on the latest 17" PB is supported by YDL.

Thanks in advance,
//dm

--=_5B04A22D.D9B8E54D

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2726.2500" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>Hello YDL,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The product page on YDL 3.0 states that the product works just fine on
PowerPC and supports all hardware components with no problem whatsoever. In
talking to some of my friends I found that not all is supported. For example,
built-in modem is not supported (I am not sure if the modem is win-modem-like),
USB, etc. Could anyone&nbsp;clarify this for me please. I am in the process of
buying a PowerBook for me and am very much interested in running RISC-based
Linux rather then X. I would like to know if every singe hardware component on
the latest 17" PB is supported by YDL.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks in advance,</DIV>
<DIV>//dm</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>