installer crashes on a 7300 mac

Netzer Antonio yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 09:36:01 -0500

It's a 60 gig hard drive,
30 for os 9 and backup files
25 for os x and more backup files
5 for linux (set up as free space)  - I had make this space by first
optimizing the hard drive(diskwarrior) and using a disk tools (norton)
to divide the once 30gig os x partition.
as you can see, initializing the whole hard drive is not really an
option

these are approximate sizes....

memory :  I  have 308mb( 2 * 128, 2 * 16, 2 * 8 ) in it  - I had
removed all but one 128m chip and tried it with that , but same
result....

i'm trying to initialize another spare drive, that is just 3.5 gigs,
and use it solely to install linux on it, I'll see if that works

also , i;m going to try 2.3 and see what results i get with that

thanks for any input