No ProFTP server for YDL 3.0? Why, other options?

David Purdy yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 11:13:45 -0700 (PDT)

I did some digging...

VSFTP stands for very secure ftp.  Catchy... well they
say that it is written from scratch and avoids some of
the structural problems of ProFTP and other
predecessors, ...

I will try to set it up at home tonight on the 3.0
machine.  A very useful page is the README file at
<ftp://vsftpd.beasts.org/users/cevans/untar/vsftpd-1.1.3/EXAMPLE/INTERNET_SITE/README>.
  More information (general and specific) can be found
at this site http://vsftpd.beasts.org/ .  The
directory at
ftp://vsftpd.beasts.org/users/cevans/untar/vsftpd-1.1.3/EXAMPLE/
 seems to contain a lot of information as well.

If anyone has recent practical experience in
installing this and avoiding pitfalls, whatever those
may have been, advice and tips would be most
appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Purdy

--- David Purdy <purdyd_at_wisheights@yahoo.com>