Need help installing on 8500/180 please...

TJ yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 25 May 2003 00:05:59 -0400

I seem to be having troubles also...
Not necessarily with burning the ISO's but the actually installs... I've
gotten all the ISO's to mount and burn properly, and I'll get it to run the
anaconda installer and go through initial configuring but during the install
process I get errors at random points and it quits the installer and I have
to start over. What's most odd is that on the RPMs where it catches errors
it is not always the same one. So I'm totally dumbfounded now.

    Maybe if I describe my set up and how I am trying to do it you can point
out a mistake I'm doing?

8500/180
320 RAM
Radeon PCI 32 meg Video
ADB mouse & keyboard
40 & 20 gig HDs

My 40 gig Hard drive houses my main Mac OS 9.1 and I put the 20 gig Hard
drive on the 2nd channel on the ATA cable. Where I'm trying to install YDL
is on the 20 gig HD by itself. All the BootX and ramdisk files and kernels
are on the 40 gig in their respectable locations. Does the Linux have to be
on the same drive as Mac??? I completely understand you are a newbie also
but you got it to install successfully and it is now irking me to do the
same :) Any further light you shine would be much appreciated.