Need help installing on 8500/180 please...

Steve Munsell yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 25 May 2003 00:11:52 -0400

--Apple-Mail-4-366785310

--Apple-Mail-5-366785310

i scratched my first cd's up a little, so i kept popping them out and
back in, and it would work eventually, and if not burn a second set and
when it sticks, put in the identical disk and it may pick back up...
mine did

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 12:05 AM, TJ wrote:

> I seem to be having troubles also...
> Not necessarily with burning the ISO's but the actually installs...
> I've
> gotten all the ISO's to mount and burn properly, and I'll get it to
> run the
> anaconda installer and go through initial configuring but during the
> install
> process I get errors at random points and it quits the installer and I
> have
> to start over. What's most odd is that on the RPMs where it catches
> errors
> it is not always the same one. So I'm totally dumbfounded now.
>
>     Maybe if I describe my set up and how I am trying to do it you can
> point
> out a mistake I'm doing?
>
> 8500/180
> 320 RAM
> Radeon PCI 32 meg Video
> ADB mouse & keyboard
> 40 & 20 gig HDs
>
> My 40 gig Hard drive houses my main Mac OS 9.1 and I put the 20 gig
> Hard
> drive on the 2nd channel on the ATA cable. Where I'm trying to install
> YDL
> is on the 20 gig HD by itself. All the BootX and ramdisk files and
> kernels
> are on the 40 gig in their respectable locations. Does the Linux have
> to be
> on the same drive as Mac??? I completely understand you are a newbie
> also
> but you got it to install successfully and it is now irking me to do
> the
> same :) Any further light you shine would be much appreciated.

"The power of the press goes to the individual who owns one..."

Steve Munsell
steve@contagiousgraphics.com (work)
sneferu@mac.com (personal)

IM - TheSneferu

Contagious Graphics
8107 Arrowridge Blvd Suite S
Charlotte, NC 28273
704-529-5600

--Apple-Mail-5-366785310

i scratched my first cd's up a little, so i kept popping them out and
back in, and it would work eventually, and if not burn a second set
and when it sticks, put in the identical disk and it may pick back
up... mine did

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 12:05 AM, TJ wrote:

<excerpt>I seem to be having troubles also...

[...]

</excerpt><italic>"The power of the press goes to the individual who
owns one..."

Steve Munsell

(work)

(personal)

IM - TheSneferu

Contagious Graphics

8107 Arrowridge Blvd Suite S

Charlotte, NC 28273

704-529-5600

</italic>
--Apple-Mail-5-366785310--

--Apple-Mail-4-366785310

BEGIN:VCARD=0D
VERSION:3.0=0D
N:Munsell;Steve;;;=0D
FN:Steve Munsell=0D
ORG:Contagious Graphics;=0D
TITLE:Boss Man=0D
EMAIL;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:steve@contagiousgraphics.com=0D
EMAIL;type=3DHOME:sneferu@mac.com=0D
TEL;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:704-529-5600=0D
TEL;type=3DHOME:704-563-1427=0D
TEL;type=3DCELL:704-618-0115=0D
ADR;type=3DWORK;type=3Dpref:;;8107 Arrowridge Blvd Suite =
S;Charlotte;NC;28273;USA=0D
ADR;type=3DHOME:;;1748 Flynnwood Dr;Charlotte;NC;28205;USA=0D
URL:www.contagiousgraphics.com=0D
X-AIM;type=3DHOME;type=3Dpref:TheSneferu=0D
END:VCARD=0D

--Apple-Mail-4-366785310

--Apple-Mail-6-366785311

--Apple-Mail-6-366785311