Success anyhow -- mostly (was Re: "Guide to Installation" my foot!)

Jason Stevens yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
26 May 2003 16:25:43 +0300

During the YDL installation, you should have encountered a screen which
allows you to configure the bootloader. At that point, you can add
another OS to the bootloader. If OS X was already installed, it should
have appeared as an available option. At this point, you can either play
with your boot options from within YDL to add an option to boot into OS
X at system startup, or, preferably, install and run MOL OSX. To do
that, just open a terminal as root and type "molvconfig." Carefully
choose your display type from those you want to probe, and set up the
appropriate display. When that's done, and you're still logged in as
root, type "install mol --osx" in a terminal. It will install. Next,
you'll need to run MOL by typing "startmol --osx" (you don't need to be
root at this point). OS X will launch in another window with a MOL
installer icon on in the Finder. You need to run the installer, which
adds ethernet and audio support for running OS X within Linux. Each
subsequent time you start MOL, you'll be able to connect to the Internet
from OS X right on your YDL desktop. Finally, you'll probably discover
that OS X is just dead weight on your system and you'll abandon it in
favor of YDL. I'm hard pressed to think of something that OS X does that
YDL does not.