YDL 2.3 can i upgrade to 3.0 from within 2.3?

Netzer Antonio yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 26 May 2003 13:37:56 -0500

> 7300/308mb ram, g3 upgrade card, ide controller card, 80 gig hard drive
> (3g for linux), ati 128xclaim vr, usb/firewire pci card.

Ok, I almost ready to try this.. but just one question, I have an old
word mac ,7300
and I read the following line
" I have an OldWorld box so I
had to mess with getting the 'official' kernel downloaded and on to my
HFS
partition for BootX."

what exactly did you have to do???

I don't want to try the update and then find that I can't boot into it

thanks

Netz