linux equivalent for most common os x apps

Chris Ruzin yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 00:27:15 -0500

On 5/27/03 9:36 PM, "Netzer Antonio" <netzer@softhome.net> wrote:

> i'm running 2.3, haven't done the upgrade to 3.0 yet
> i'm using the kde gui.
>
> i was wondering what your favorites apps, or the ones that most closely
> resemble these other apps
>
> music player:iTunes  ......
> instant messenger: Fire (allows me to connect to several accounts
> within one app)
> browser: I use camino and safari
> is there a caller id app for linux???
> these are the apps the people using the computer use mostly.....
>
> i'll try to upgrade my 2.3 to 3.0 over the weekend, maybe there are
> better programs with it.
>

> also, is there a good web page, to find linux software?
> i've tried download.com
>
> thanks
>
> Netz

Itunes - use XMMS.  It not as smooth as iTunes, but it has most of the
functionality.
Browser - Galeon or Firebird are both good.
Fire - GAIM, which is better than Fire in my opinion.
Don't know about a caller ID app.
Go to tucows.com for linux stuff.  Also, freshmeat.com is good.

--
Chris Ruzin
www.chrisruzin.net