linux equivalent for most common os x apps

Christopher Baskind yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 01:23:19 -0500

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 00:27, Chris Ruzin wrote:

> Browser - Galeon or Firebird are both good.

You know, Konqueror is pretty darn good, too. Faster than just about anything,
and it uses the KHTML rendering engine familiar to users of Safari. Plus, of
course, it's the Swiss Army Knife of KDE (with its many file management
features and so on).

> Fire - GAIM, which is better than Fire in my opinion.

You'll get no argument from me. What a terrific IM client.

XMMS is a decent equivalent of iTunes. The "G-Force" pluging is quite similar
to iTunes' visualization, too.

kit
--
PaperFrog.com