iMac Rev A -- newbie help

Andrew McVinnie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 28 May 2003 09:46:31 -0600

OK Goofus,

You can put any ram you want in you iMac...  Yes your iMac has a 66mhz
bus, and yes, the ram it originally came with is 66mhz, but you can buy
and use 100, 133 mhz chips. Your mother board will never know the
difference.  The faster ram will just run at a slower speed of your
mother board.  Go buy two 128 chips and put one in each memory slot of
your iMac. It will work i promise. 256 is the max your iMac can take
though.

There are 2 slots on the iMac. One on top and one underneath the
daughter card. I'm sure you are familiar with the upper one, but to get
to the lower one, you have to pop the daughter board off the mother
board. The second slot is in the same place as the first, just on the
bottom.

I have about 12 original iMac all running Mac OS X in my office. They
have all been upgrade like this.

Andrew McVinnie