YD3.0 Wireless Inoperative

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 29 May 2003 16:13:22 -0500

I have just installed YD3.0 on a new iBook 800MHz 12 laptop.  It is dual boot,
10G for OS X and 17G for YD.  Both OS's are running just fine.  The installs were
simple.

However, wireless is dead.  I went to this machine because I could not get
wireless with WEP to work on my Gateway Solo with RH or SuSE and reports were
good on YD.  Looks like I may still be stuck (hope not).

During boot, eth0 comes up fine if connected to the LAN (wire).  eth1 fails.  I'm
ASSUMMING that the airport card is eth1.  The Redhat network config utility fails
on line 137 with a message that indicates the problem is probably a bug.  I
checked out eth1 with iwconfig and found that it was, indeed, set up for
wireless, but with no config info.  I entered the essd and key with iwconfig.
That now checks out OK.  Still won't boot and run.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Anyone running YD3.0 on a new iBook?

George

--- Msg sent via WebMail@litenverden.com - http://mail.litenverden.com/