Monitor

David Purdy yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 15:54:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi:

I'm wondering if you made any progress or resolved the
problem.

As far as a possible fix, you mentioned that my
monitor is different from your Wallstreet display.
The refresh rate isssue may not apply, but perhaps the
resolution issue is central here.  Its my guess that
if you pico-edit {search on the web about how to use
the pico editor} the config file, you'll see a
resolution listed, but not the one you want.  You
could experiment with adding in the resolution that
you want.

The link that I mentioned in my first email may give
you a better idea of how to do it than I am able to.
The author gives quite a few details.

Vi, pico and emacs are command-line editors common in
unix-based systems.  They all work about the same.

I'm pretty sure that any installation of YDL has all
three.  It does'nt take long to learn how to use them.

Good Luck,

Dave Purdy