newbie 3.5 floppy disk drive mount

Oscar G. Maldonado yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
31 May 2003 13:01:42 -0500

El sáb, 31 de 05 de 2003 a las 13:01,
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com escribió:

> What do I do to mount a floppy?

First, what kind of floppy do you have ?, I'll presume that you have an
USB one, so make your mount point like: /mnt/floppy

When you connect an USB device like a floppy drive it's mapped to the
first free SCSI device (or at least that's what I think, please some one
correct me if I'm wrong...), that's why the place to look for your mount
point it's /dev/sda

> mdir shows the contents, but how do I mount it?
>
> I have a clean install of ydl 3.0 with the default
> fstab and mtab
>
> [david@194 david]$ mount /dev/fd0
> mount: can't find /dev/fd0 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
> [david@194 david]$

Next let's mount your device by put:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/sda /mnt/floppy

	Type     Device	   Mount point

That's it, your floppy should be now accessed by ls /mnt/floppy

Hope this will help you...