OpenOffice and others

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 16:46:46 -0600

John:

On Saturday, November 1, 2003, at 01:43  PM, John wrote:
> I was wondering how to get rid of the scroll bar at the bottom of
> OpenOffice so it is more like Word and other word processors.

Perhaps I misunderstand you -- Microsoft Word has a horizontal scroll
bar, too, as do most other word processors I have encountered. It
depends on the page size you have set for your printer whether you have
a scroll bar.

> It already is full screen, but I want to get rid of this left to right
> scroll bar so people can just type and wont have to scroll back and
> forth.

Try playing with the View -> Zoom and View -> Online Layout settings.
This is the best I have to offer (unless I have misunderstood your
question).

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>