Sound and Logoff Problems

Matthew Brown yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 03 Nov 2003 07:47:57 -0500

Thanks for the input, Masarasnake and Reid.

I managed to get the sound working, and yes, I got rid of the crackling
noise by turning down the "speaker" volume in the mixer. Odd that the global
volume had no effect, a bug I assume.

As for the quality of sound, not really impressed. The drivers that I am
used to in OS 9.2 sound much better. But hey, Linux is a free OS, I cant be
too picky about it :)

I think I have the same bug as Reid as far as the logoff goes. I have played
with settings till I'm blue in the face, to no avail. Is this a known bug
for this hardware....or maybe something went awry in the installation?
Wondering whether another clean install might be worth a try here?

Another oddity I came across, changed resolution down to 800x600 and when I
rebooted, the option to choose 1024x768 disappeared! Strange thing is, the
res doesnt look any different. I have noticed this with a few settings I
have changed, they seem to take no effect. Bear in mind I have made the same
changes in Root as I have my regular user name. Anyone had this problem?

Thanks again, Matt

Service.  Try it FREE for one month!   http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup