Help!

mascarasnake yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
03 Nov 2003 10:03:54 -0500

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 01:17, William Caulfield wrote:
> I've really screwed up Konqueror.  I opened an html page with kate and
> clicked the box to always associate these files with kate.  After that
> Konqueror started opening all web pages in kate.
>
> I went back and opened an html page, associating html with Konqeror Web
> Browser.  Now I get:
>
>         There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated
>         Konqueror with text/html, but it can't handle this file type.
>
> I've tried a few things with the file association in Konqueror but
> haven't found any solution.  How can I get back to normal?

I feel your pain -

I had a similar problem some time back. I'm not sure what changes you
have attempted under your file associations, but here's what I figured
out that got me back on track:

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/2003-September/004923.html

HTHO

"A Computer Without A Microsoft Operating System Is Like A Dog Without
Bricks Tied To His Head"
                               Bossa Nova

                              masarasnake
                        dontdrill@earthlink.net