YDL Stalls on Boot

Brian Howenstein yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:44:27 -0500

I just installed YDL 3.0.1 on a Dual 1GHz G4 Quicksilver 2002.  The
installation was successfully completed, but after the installation
restart, YDL will not boot.  The boot process stalls at the point
"Bringing up loopback interface: ".  Everything will just hang at that
point.  You can hit return and it will create newlines, and
Ctrl-Alt-Delete will shut the machine down.  Nothing else will work.
The computer hasn't even booted into YDL for the first time yet.

Machine Specs:
Dual 1GHz G4 (Quicksilver 2002)
1 GB RAM
2 x 80 GB Internal Hard Drives
GeForce 4 MX
Mac OS X 10.2.6
Mac OS 9.2.2
YDL 3.0.1

Drive Formatting:

Main HD:
Mac OS X: Majority of Drive
Mac OS 9: 2 GB
YDL 3.0.1: 15 GB (Linux partition was created automatically)

2nd Drive is one partition for storage.

The Mac OS X and 9 installations are about a week old, and the YDL
installation is about 2 hours old.  There are no 3rd party USB or
Firewire devices connected.  Monitor is a 17" Apple Flat Panel and I am
using the standard Apple keyboard and mouse (black).

I had at one time installed 10.2.8, but prior to installing YDL 3.0.1
for the first time, I reformatted (zeroed) both of my HD's and
installed OS X up to 10.2.6.

The YDL 3.0.1 install CD's I have were purchased from Terrasoft
directly, but I didn not pay for installation support.  YDL
installation type was 'Workstation'.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Brian Howenstein