Install trouble No hard disks found

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:37:47 -0500

Mr. Leyba:

On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 02:11  PM, Leyba, Matt wrote:
> To begin, I believe I have followed the install instructions to the
> letter, but I could be wrong. I have used an OS9 startup disk and
> utility to create three partitions on one HD, the first is 5G and is
> unallocated, the second is 6G Standard, and the third is 6G Extended.
> I restart from the YD disk and can only get as far as selecting my
> keyboard, I am then told Partitioning Error, No Hard Disks Found.
> Where did I go wrong?

Almost certainly, you have found the "Anaconda installer Dual Hard
Drive Bug." Yellow Dog offers two pages with solutions:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_3.0/dual-drive-
fix.shtml>
<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_3.0/dual-drive-
avoid.shtml>

> G4 733 QS
> YD 2.3 from original disk

Even more certainly, you should install a more recent version of Yellow
Dog Linux! Version 3.0 is available from their FTP site, and version
3.0.1 (which fixes the Anaconda installer bug you noted earlier) should
show up in a few weeks.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>