Install trouble No hard disks found

Leyba, Matt yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:47:06 -0600

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think this is the source of my
problem. My machine does not have 2 drives and is not a mirror door or
wind tunnel G4 the YD page mentions. I pulled out a couple other spare
machines I have and am having the exact same problem so I suspect that
I am the problem. So I have now tried a G4 QuickSilver 733, a G4 400,
and an old G3 Graphite iBook. I have and extra TiBook I'm going to try
next.

My exact procedure is to boot from an OS 9 disk, create 2 partitions on
the only drive in each of these machines. The first partition is
Extended for OS X, the second is unallocated, I have made both
partitions around 5G. I restart from the YD disk and go through the
install until I get to the stage as mentioned before, No Hard Disks
Found. I'm feeling pretty silly right now, it can't be this hard, I
must be making a mistake.

BTW I ordered a new version too, the FTP site was sloooooooow.

Thanks for your help!

Mateo (YD challenged) Leyba