Trying to install ydl 3.0 on a beige minitower

Keith Yares Engel yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:18:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

As a disclaimer, I'm relatively new to the linux
world.

I've started to encounter difficulties in the
beginning of the install process. I downloaded the
iso's, burned them, booted them off my powerbook and
ran "install mediacheck" on all three to make sure
that they were cool. Everything passed. I partitioned
my hard drive, booted in os 9 and installed bootx.
Everything went well, and when I restart my computer
bootx comes up and I and choose linux. It does it's
thing and scrolls along and I'm presented with a blue
screen where I choose my language (english) and my
keyboard (us) and then at "installation method" it
totally craps out on me. the key functions that worked
fine for the past two screens stop working in a
rational manner and i had to play with a variety of
keys to get it to scroll through and select "local
cdrom". When i do finally select "local cdrom" i get
an error message that tells me that "the yellow dog
linux cd was not found in any of your cdrom drives.
please insert the yellow dog linux cd and press okay
to retry". and this is where i get stuck all the time.

In os 9  on this system the ydl cd mounts fine and I
checked the disks on my other system, so I don't think
it's a problem with the burned disks....i'm thinking
maybe it's a cd-rom driver issue?

i'm at a total loss....any advice would be greatly
appreciated...

Thanks,
Keith