throwing the towel

Ted Parks yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 08 Oct 2003 02:28:18 -0700

I am frustrated with trying to install OS 9.2.2, Jaguar, and YDL 3.0.1
on a beige desktop G3. My friend Fran Maier on this list said he had
given up on the process, and I am about to grab my towel, too.

Is there no way to install these three operating systems on a beige G3?
Will I have to just be content with OS9 and YDL?

I successfully install OS 9.2.2 and Jaguar. When I add YDL, I can boot
from BootX into Linux, then go from Linux back to OS 9.2.2. But when I
try to reboot from OS 9.2.2 into Jaguar, I get the Open Firmware prompt.
Resetting Open Firmware makes the machine try to boot into OS 9.2.2,
which then fails all over again because OS9.2.2 is trying to boot again
into Jaguar.

I repeat--will a beige desktop G3 simply not work with OS 9.2.2, OS
10.2, and YDL? If someone knows how to make it work, I would appreciate
any help.

Thanks,
Ted Parks