YDL 3.0.1 Stalls on boot after install

Brian Howenstein yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:18:56 -0500

I'm re-sending this out over the list, because I have not had any
replies after I placed the screen shot up to show what was actually
going on.  Can anyone give any suggestions?  I've let it sit for over
two hours where it stalls, and nothing happens.

I just installed YDL 3.0.1 on a Dual 1GHz G4 Quicksilver 2002.  The
installation was successfully completed, but after the installation
restart, YDL will not boot.  The boot process stalls at the point
"Bringing up loopback interface: ".  Everything will just hang at that
point.  You can hit return and it will create newlines, and
Ctrl-Alt-Delete will shut the machine down.  Nothing else will work.
The computer hasn't even booted into YDL for the first time yet.

Machine Specs:
Dual 1GHz G4 (Quicksilver 2002)
1 GB RAM
2 x 80 GB Internal Hard Drives
GeForce 4 MX
Mac OS X 10.2.6
Mac OS 9.2.2
YDL 3.0.1

Drive Formatting:

Main HD:
Mac OS X: Majority of Drive
Mac OS 9: 2 GB
YDL 3.0.1: 15 GB (Linux partition was created automatically)

2nd Drive is one partition for storage.

The Mac OS X and 9 installations are about a week old, and the YDL
installation is about 2 hours old.  There are no 3rd party USB or
Firewire devices connected.  Monitor is a 17" Apple Flat Panel and I am
using the standard Apple keyboard and mouse (black).

I had at one time installed 10.2.8, but prior to installing YDL 3.0.1
for the first time, I reformatted (zeroed) both of my HD's and
installed OS X up to 10.2.6.

The YDL 3.0.1 install CD's I have were purchased from Terrasoft
directly, but I didn not pay for installation support.  YDL
installation type was 'Workstation'.

Here is a picture of the screen at the stall:
http://csserver.evansville.edu/~bh90/images/ss.jpg.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Brian Howenstein