Mounting HFS+ partitions in YDL

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:20:49 +0200 (CEST)

> I have no trouble mounting Mac partitions on YDL, except for the minor
> annoyance that only "Root" can actually read them!  A normal user can
> look but not enter the directory.

Bob, does that also apply to hfs+ partitions or only hfs?

Actually my iBook2 triple boot YDL/OS9/OSX is now working beautifully
and I have a pdisk listing and yaboot.conf similar to yours.
I made an HFS partition to act as a bridge between linux and mac,
and I moved the OS9 System Folder there (actually I had been on the
point of trashing since I wasn't using it any more. But I think there
are some better mac disk utilities under OS9 than OSX so it might
come in useful).

>From linux, as root indeed, I can do what I like on the HFS partition.
But the HFS+ partition remains inaccessible. From OSX I cannot see linux
but I can of course access the bridge. From linux I can run OSX
in mol and get at stuff in the OSX partition. I can live with this...

Richard

http://www.math.uu.nl/people/gill